Back to Blog
From My Friend; Brad Farris
When someone says, “She’s a great leader,” here’s what they really mean:
- She knows where her organization is going and communicates that relentlessly.
- She knows how to orient team members to success and hold them accountable.
- She communicates tasks specifically, with timelines and measurements.
- She roots for her team to succeed; she believes that they can do it.
- She listens.
- She tells the truth, even when it’s an uncomfortable truth.
- Everyone on her team is looking at the same numbers.
Being “a leader” isn’t a thing.
It’s an aggregation of many things done extremely well.
Each of these things can be learned and improved. You can do it.